Steps for a Buyer to Buy Aspen- Snowmass Real Estate:
Here are the easy to understand steps. I, Roget Kuhn from Aspen Snowmass Real Estate will hold your hand, if you wish, through this
1. Many of us think that Aspen and Snowmass Real Estate is beyond our means. However, it is never too late to jump in. In 1972, when my family moved to Aspen, the locals told my parents not to buy anything because they came ten years too late. The locals urged them to just rent. Luckily, my parents did not listen and jumped into the market, and they have enjoyed 25-30% average appreciation up until the beginning of 2008 (over 35 years). Aspen Colorado has been affected just as much as anywhere else. In the past, Aspen real estate was known for being the last one to feel a downturn and the first to recover from one. However, this time the economy is much more global. I still feel Aspen and Snowmass will recover well because of the limited supply of real estate here. I will sit down with you and do a customized search of all the properties available for sale, even the ones that our office do not have listed, that meet your budget. I can then email these detailed searches to you to look at and study on your own to determine which properties you wish to look at. I can then set up showings for these properties and show them to you at your convenience. I do the homework and set up the appointments to make the process hassle free for you.
2. If you happen to not find the property of your dreams while here in Aspen and Snowmass, I can take notes of what you are interested in, and email you properties that are listed that match your criteria. You can also always search my website for all properties available for sale at www.aspen-snowmass-realestate.com. Aspen and Snowmass is a happening market that usually requires quick action in the past on the part of the buyer. However, not as much now because of the current state of the economy. However for certain properties where the seller needs to sell now. It can still be important to be quick to prepare an acceptable offer. I have numerous times put a property under contract without my clients even seeing it. My Buyer’s are protected because of the Due Diligence period. My Buyer can
terminate the contract for various reasons, including anything the
Buyer does not like inspecting the property, the appraisal not coming in at the sale price, or my Buyer not getting the loan. This way we never have to worry about putting the earnest money at risk, but we
can secure the property until my Buyer has time to fly out and seeit. Bargains in Aspen and Snowmass may exist now, but the better the bargain the quicker one has act.
3. I always have Buyer’s that question how the Aspen and Snowmass real estate market can continue this incredible amount of appreciation it has enjoyed the last 35 years up to the beginning of 2008.
Aspen Colorado has been affected just as much as anywhere else. In the past, Aspen real estate was known for being the last one to feel a downturn and the first to recover from one.
However, this time the economy is much more global. I still feel Aspen and Snowmass will recover well because of the limited supply of real estate here. We have limited supply being surrounded by National Forest, we can not grow outward like most places. We have difficult zoning and building regulations that limit size and height to 3 stories in Aspen.
We also have incredible demand that comes from affluent people internationally. We do not rely on the American economy. I can not think of a better situation than incredible demand for little supply. As Aspen and Snowmass are now better better priced than ever before, down valley (Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Silt, and Rifle) are seeing even more incredible deals, as well. There are some great buying opportunities in these areas, as well.
4. When I am working for a Buyer, I work on the Buyer’s behalf (Buyer Broker), even though my fee is being paid by the Seller. Most brokers in Aspen and Snowmass are transaction brokers and just care about putting the deal together. I care about my Buyers and want to look out for their best interest when making an important purchase in real estate. I am only a transaction broker when I am forced to by law in the following circumstance. If the property the Buyer is interested in is listed by my company, then I become a transaction broker and do not represent either side but make sure that the deal comes together for the Buyer and the Seller.
5. If you decide upon trying to purchase a property that fits your criteria, I will prepare the offer on your behalf and review it with you. Unlike other firms that use assistants, I prepare the offer myself to make sure it is right. The usual amount of earnest money is 5 to 10% of the purchase price and is held in escrow by the Title Company that handles the closing.
6. I will not sell you a property that I am not comfortable is a good investment. My business is built on honesty and integrity and that is how my business continues to flourish. I want to provide you with
first class service that you will rave to your friends about. The biggest compliment to me is referrals and repeat business.
Selling Real Estate in Aspen
Steps for a Seller to Sell Aspen – Snowmass Real Estate
Here are the easy to understand steps. I, Roget Kuhn from Aspen Snowmass Real Estate will easily help you through this process.
1. I will come view the property and determine with you the highlights and characteristics that we want to concentrate on when marketing the property. Many times a little paint and new carpet can go a long way. I’ve seen little improvements add $1,000’s to $100’s of thousands to a properties value. I will then pull all the similar properties that have sold and are currently listed to make a determination with you on how much the sales price should be. A lot of times this depends on your individual situation among other factors. My goal is to get you the most money for your property in the shortest amount of time.
2. When the property is listed, I enter into the Multiple Listing Service, where it is seen by every local realtor in the valley from Aspen to Parachute. It is also listed on the #1 real estate site in the world: www.realtors.com. I also have my own webmaster that places it on my website www.aspen-snowmass-realestate.com under the “Featured Listings Tab”. We can also put up a for sale sign (if allowed at the property) with brochures, survey, etc… I make it a personal quest to find a Buyer for your property as soon as possible. We also do extensive advertising and contact all the other local brokers.
3. I handle the showing by myself and other realtors for your property. You don’t have to worry about preparing the property every time someone wants to arrange a showing. I go over to the property
and stage the property. Turning on the lights, turning on soothing music (or quiet is also a nice feel), and setting the mood. Buyers need to see themselves living in the home within 30 seconds of going
inside is what the studies show.
Low cost things that we can do to improve your chances of a quick sale are:
A. Get rid of the clutter in the property to make the Buyer’s more comfortable in the surroundings
B. Put away personal artifacts that could interfere with the buyer picturing this home as their own. The kitchen and master bedroom are the most important rooms of the house to concentrate on.
C. Clean up your home is the one thing any seller can do to maximize their chances of selling their property. Washing windows can make the space feel lighter and more attractive.
D. Fixing up the home so that everything works properly is a real plus that will make the inspection by the buyer go a lot smoother.
E. Get rid of odors that detract from the house. We have ideas on how to go about this.
4. I have many strategies that can be discussed with your accountant on how to lower or eliminate your tax gains. The greatest compliment to me is a referral and/or repeat business from you.
Easy Financing Steps for High End Financing
I’m always looking for easier ways to finance ever increasing Aspen and Snowmass real estate. I am an Aspen and Snowmass real-estate agent that is constantly staying on top of ways for my clients to get into our hot market. Aspen and Snowmass real estate has proven to be a great long term investment over the years. In order to get my clients to take advantage of this long term success in real-estate, I need to achieve success finding them financing. I have many connections with lenders to help my buyers achieve success in buying Aspen and Snowmass real estate. I strive to help my buyers through the process of getting a loan. I have had great success thanks to my financing knowledge. Feel free to contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (970) 319-9719.
These are principles that I strive to give my real estate clients day in and day out. Please contact me now for great opportunities in Aspen Real Estate and Snowmass Real Estate. Please also contact me now for more information on rentals in Aspen and Snowmass Village or see my website www.aspen-snowmass-realestate.com .
I CAN HELP YOU BUY, SELL, OR RENT PROPERTIES.
Roget Kuhn Owner/ Broker-Realtor
“An Honest Approach to Real Estate and Rentals”
Aspen Snowmass Real Estate
303 1/2 E. Main St.
Aspen, CO 81611